What do you think of the new Activity feature in the BNZ app

@Jenni_from_Vegas Thanks for the speedy reply.
Is that the NZ approach where both salaries are paid into a joint account for paying all the bills, then you get an allowance to your own account for discretionary spending?
Yeah, Nah. My wife wouldn’t like that. What she earns from her hard work is hers to do with as she pleases. So she says. Fortunately, she is also very much of the mindset that bills are paid first, which is good as I don’t think BNZ accepts pairs of shoes as payment…
Even if we can’t set our own payday, if we could at least set a different date? So 25th to 24th instead of 1st to 31st? There must all ready be date-range filtering going on against the transactions. Just need to not have it hard-coded to the first and last day of the month.
Anyway. Keep up the good work. I’ll keep my eye open for any changes.

1 Like

It would be great if I could actually use the Activity tab. This tab has never worked me ever since becoming a BNZ customer eight months ago. All it says is ‘We can’t show your activity right now’ I have emailed online support multiple times and have not received any help, I have deleted and reinstalled the app many times and the results are the same. Can anyone get this page working for me please? iOS software 14.8.1; BNZ app version 14.6.0; iPhone 8

HI @Purinwg thanks for bringing this to our attention here. The Activity feature should be available to you and your device under the specs that you’ve mentioned, so I’m so sorry that you haven’t been able to yet enjoy this cool feature. I’ve sent an enquiry off to our Online Support team to see if they can give me any pointers on what else could possibly be wrong. I thought it might be important to mention (just in case it hadn’t been already) that this feature is available with a personal BNZ credit card or transaction account, including joint transaction accounts. Non-personal accounts like family trust or business accounts won’t show in the spend tracker. However, should I hear any other updates, I will post them on this thread for you ^AD :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi @AlishaD, do you have any updates on this please?

Hi @Purinwg sorry about the delay here. We don’t have an update as of yet as to why the Activity feature won’t work for you. The specs of your device do meet the requirements needed to support Activity, but we’d probably need to take a further look. As we’re relatively limited through Community here, are you able to give us a call on 0800 269 4242 ^Alisha

Looks great, but can we add additional (custom) categories? In particular, we would love one for insurance (to separate it from other bills) :wink:
Thanks!

1 Like

Love it. Such a great idea and great suggestions from the community.

I would like to see it implemented in online banking and also be able to download reports.

Keep up the good work, I look forward to seeing what’s next!

1 Like

This is a great feature. My main issue is that I would like to compare pay periods rather than daily, weekly and monthly as my spending is very lopsided due to fortnightly pay and therefore a lot of fortnightly bills. I would like to be able to see that my spending is remaining fairly consistent across fortnights as I currently get every second week spending up huge and the others with almost nothing.
I’d also like to be able to compare all categories/spending so that I can figure out where the non-essential spending is and minimise it a bit more.
I’m wondering as well if it’s possible to have a screen that summarises where your money is going based on the categories selected. e.g. $x or x% is going to investments, $y or y% is going to mortgage… that might help people to track where they want their money to go, and not just where it’s currently going. We could set a percentage/dollar goal for savings/investments, mortgage/rent, etc.