Show Payee Bank Account number

When paying to a saved Payee why doesn’t their Bank Account numbet show along with the name.
Easy to pay to the wroong account. Seems simple for BNZ to show the number.
Thanks

1 Like

Hi there, as the Payee details are already saved they do not re-appear each time a new payment is made. You can always check the account details by selecting the Payee in your Payee List under “Menu”. I have also passed on your feedback to the appropriate team to look into. Thanks Adina.

1 Like

Checking the account number means going out of the account screen and opening the payee list.

As I pay from the account would be so much easier if the number was displayed.

Thanks

1 Like

I’m at a loss as to why this is an issue for you. Do you pay to the same person to different bank, or different bank account numbers as in sub accounts?

Agreed, it should be so easy for BNZ to fix it.

If a business changes their bank account I like to check I am paying the correct account. Maybe I have already changed it, maybe not? To check I
need to go out of the screen I am in, and go to the Payee screen.

All I get from BNZ is negative answers

Hi there, I’m sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you. As mentioned previously, I have placed some feedback so we can look into getting this changed. In the mean time, payments can also be made directly from the Payees menu rather then directly from the account. This way you can check the account number is correct at the same time. Hope this helps! - Adina.

Any advance on getting the number displayed?
Thanks
Donald

Here’s an idea…

Select the payee - Check the bank account number
From the upper right of that window, click pay.

Can be done from both the amazing mobile app and internet banking.

I prefer to pay from the account screen. Saved Payees only show a name not the number.

I’ve just gone and double checked. Saved payee’s when clicked upon, or you drag one of your accounts onto a payee… ALWAYS shows the payee’s bank account number.

Keep in mind these are the views of fellow BNZ Community users, and not BNZ.