Search function in new internet banking

I wasn’t a big fan of the change, but are getting used to it. I have one recommendation though; The search panel is definitely easier when searching for something specific, but it’s lacking one crucial search option I use monthly, and have to go back to the old banking each time: searching for all deposits.

At the end of the month it was easier to list only transactions coming in and print off a couple of pages to reconcile customers payments with a much tidier list, instead of all transactions. Also it meant I can hand it to my part time admin to reconcile, without showing other potentially sensitive payments/outgoings or personal transactions on the other side.
Granted shifting to Xero for us shortly may change that. In the old banking it was easy to search this way, please make it available in the new banking!

New internet banking

Hi Richie,

It’s easy to track money that has gone in or out of your accounts.

By typing “in” or “credit” in the search field you can see all transactions where money has entered your accounts.

By typing “out” or “debit” in the search field you can see all transactions where money has left your accounts.

You can also combine several filters in the same search.

For example, typing “Jo Bloggs credit 27/04/2016 to 10/05/2016 less than $200” will show all transactions between 27 April 2016 and 10 May 2016 (date range) where Jo Bloggs (name) has paid you (account credit or debit) less than $200 (dollar amount).

In account detail view, you can print your refined list by selecting Ctrl-P

I hope that helps!

Hi @megan,

Is it possible for you to provide a list of all the things the search bar recognizes, I didn’t know you could search less than a value. This feature seems so simple yet could be so helpful.

Hi Sam01,

Here is what I was referring to:

https://www.bnz.co.nz/support/banking/internet-banking/internet-banking-essentials/filtering-searches-in-internet-banking

The search is super handy.