Savings Goals in 3 ways

In Internet Banking, you can set a Savings Goal for your account, to give you a progress-meter as you get nearer and nearer to 100%.

To set this up, click on your account, select “Edit” and turn on Savings Goal. Add your amount and start saving!

Did you know you can also use a Savings Goal as a budgeting tool?

eg 1. I have a “food and entertainment” account that I put $150 into on payday. I have set a savings goal of $150 on this account. On payday it is 100%, and ‘fully topped up’ and as the fortnight runs, I can see the goal indicator going down and this gives me a quick idea of how far through my fortnightly budget I am. And yes, it is marmite toast for me tonight folks!

eg 2. I have an account with money set aside for car maintenance, where I want the balance to stay at least above $2000. I’ve set the goal as $2000 and the green progress bar is set to “achieved” as indicated by a green tick. I can instantly see if I am dipping into my $2000 when the green tick disappears and the progress bar starts to drop. Four new tyres needed? Sorted!

Please note the savings goal is not yet able to be set up or changed within the mobile app for total money accounts.
The savings goal is a fantastic idea and really works towards our mission statement of helping NZers be good with money.