Paying a BNZ credit card from another bank - account details

We had a question through yesterday from a customer who was trying to pay her BNZ credit card bill from her ASB bank account and wanted to know the BNZ bank account number, as well as what details to include as reference, particulars etc. All NZ banks should have BNZ saved as a payee in their Bill Payments section of their internet banking, but this particular customer was trying to set up an Automatic Payment and had run into an issue because she had to enter the details manually - she couldn’t use the automated payee function that Bill Payments have. 

We gave her the relevant details but I thought I’d share them here too, as they’re not currently displayed on our website and I thought others might need to use them in future and it’ll save you a phone call to the contact centre!

To pay a BNZ credit card from another bank (or set up an automatic payment) the details are:

Account: 02-0987-0001203-002

Particulars: Name on card
Code: First four digits of card number
Reference: Last twelve digits of card number (eleven if the card is an Amex).

Are these details still correct? my payment left my account (2 days ago) but has not arrived on my card?

Hey @BigFatGut - those account details are still correct. It would depend on what time that payment left your bank account. It can take up to 2 business days to credit your account. If nothing is showing after this time, it might pay to double check the reference details used for your payment or you can give us a call on 0800 275 269 and we’ll be happy to look into this for you :slight_smile:

I’m about to do the same–is this information still current?

Hi @jtallen, happy to confirm nothing has changed here :slight_smile: Any other questions let us know.