Mismatch Daily Statements v Monthly Statements

I regularly use the Smart ATM at one BNZ Branch to make Cash Deposits… The Tellers advise this saves them time so encourage its use so I comply and do not bother them…
I always want to have a reference display against the Deposit for audit trail purposes and the Smart ATM has a keyboard which allows me to key in that reference… When I use Internet Banking to download and save each day’s transaction the Reference shows as I keyed it.
When HOWEVER I download my Monthly Statement my reference does not show - instead the last 12 digits on the front of my EFTPOS Card the same as my EDFTPOS debits to my account. This is useless so I have to back track to other sources and then handwrite the true reference on my Printed Monthly Statement.
Surely this is a Programming error which IT Dept. needs to fix so that both Downloads show the proper references.

NeilF784 I have raised this with the team that looks after the development of the Smart ATM’s. Will update once I have more information.

NeilF784 I can advise the following:

• Smart ATM team have been made aware of this issue and they are investigating what can be done about it
• In the meantime can you private message me account and your details so the Smart ATM Team, can look at your statement set up to see if we can apply a fix for your statements.

Update. Thanks for your perseverance with us Neil. Glad we have been able to resolve your problem.

Keep in mind these are the views of fellow BNZ Community users, and not BNZ.