Incorrect Account Number

Hi there. I paid a suppliers invoice but they changed the bank account number (within the same bank) without advising us. Am I able to recall this payment and transfer to correct number?

Hi @a_richards, unfortunately once you make a payment this is processed immediately and is unable to be cancelled or recalled. If the Supplier closed this account when they changed, there may be the possibility that the payment would bounce back to you. Otherwise, if you give us a call on 0800 275 269, we can look into doing a Bill Payment recovery. Please be aware that there is a fee of $75.00 and it isn’t guaranteed that the funds will be able to be recovered. Thanks, Jade

What was changed? I think it’s odd they would change account numbers. Was it just a suffix change? If this, the money should be deposited into their “00” account.