I can't register for internet banking

I activated my new credit card yesterday and I tried registering for internet banking and it says there was one error but I don’t know what it is. I don’t have a previous statement balance as it’s new, so I just put 0.00. Not sure what else to do.

Hey there, I’m afraid you won’t be able to register for Internet Banking if your credit card is new and no statement has been generated. You’ll need to call us on 0800 275 269 or wait until you receive your first statement to try setting it up again. Apologies for the inconvenience, Alyssia

I’m sorry, but that is just total insanity. The account has been created obviously otherwise the customer would not have the credit card. Yet no access to information until the 1st statement? So, if an error is made by a business, or hackers get in there is the possibility, depending on which month it is, of 30 days between a single or even multiple erroneous transaction(s), malicious or otherwise.

Surely this isn’t nuclear physics complexity.

There are times when BNZ’s processes drive me totally bonkers. This one is a classic, even though it doesn’t affect me.

Hey, I appreciate your feedback but perhaps my message wasn’t clear enough. Using the credit card statement details is one way of registering for Internet Banking. There are a few other ways to register but specifically - if you have a new credit card and do not have your first statement you will not have the relevant info to register. Check out the following link for more options to register: https://www.bnz.co.nz/registration/ib/app/resetPassword - Thanks, Alyssia

Keep in mind these are the views of fellow BNZ Community users, and not BNZ.