Hold time at 0800 ASK BNZ

Hi There,
I have needed to call the 0800 ASK BNZ number a few times recently and the same message about Call Volumes being high has always been played. The waiting times have been varied for me between 5 minutes and 25 minutes. Is there something that can be looked at based on the data? Obviously there are many customers wanting to call so maybe the staff numbers need to be tweaked.

Hey @Topcat12

Ensuring our wait times are low is certainly important to us. This is something that is actively being worked on.

If your request isn’t urgent, you’re more than welcome to flick us a secure message through internet banking and we can assist and respond through there :slight_smile:

Hi Topcat12

I can confirm that this is high priority for us and have a large number of staff completing their training with us as we speak.

We have unfortunately had unexpected call spikes due to phishing emails this past week but as Kiwi has mentioned, if the request is not urgent, try sending us a secure message through your internet banking. We aim to respond to these with 48 hours.

Thank you for your patience as we work on rectifying these high wait times for you and others

Everyone’s call is important to them!
Twice from memory the electronic option (moving large amounts ) fails at the final step with a message to phone in!

Topcat I agree with the frustration re (regularly) call time waiting.
This is common to most Contact Centres -same standard messages re “unexpectly high volumes”, “your call is important” , “did you know that ***website etc.”.
Most times when I try to call it is specifically because of a problem or query relating to the Website so the reference to “use the website” I find very annoying.
I definitely feel more staff are needed and (probably) a review of the Telephone system - for capacity and features.

Hi winstonmoreton

There is a security measure in place to prevent large transfers (over $50,000 for each 24 hour period) from being sent using the customer access number

If you find you are regularly doing these large payments, it might be worth talking to your account manager or the internet banking helpdesk in order to increase your online limit.

Thank you

with all due apologies to Topcat12 but I can trump your 25 minutes - how about 78 minutes !! anyone out there who can now trump me

SORT IT OUT BNZ !!

@billydex, that’s no good! I can confirm reducing our wait times is something that is actively being worked on. If you’re request isn’t urgent, you are more than welcome to send us a secure message through Internet banking (menu > contact) and we can respond within 2 business days.