Difference between BP, CR and DC

Can someone please explain this.

Sounds like you are looking at account transactions - BP = Bill Payment, CR = Credit, DC = Direct Credit. If you have a statement you can look at, it shows the different abbreviations there too.

Yes but what is the difference between them? In particular I need to know if any are automatic and/or recurring.

If the payments are coming in to your account, there isn’t a definite way to know if they are recurring or a one off (which code shows next to it will depend on how the person paid it). If the payments are going out of your account, you can tell if it’s recurring by clicking on that particular account - It will show upcoming payments.
For information on different payment/transfer types, check out: https://www.bnz.co.nz/support/banking/payments/types-of-payments-and-transfers

I have read it thanks. That clears up BP. I still don’t know what the difference between a CR and DC is for payments coming in.

I think a direct credit is most often used by businesses to make batches of payments in one transaction.

So what’s a CR?

Hey @numcrun, I had a chat to one of our payments analysts this morning who explained that Direct Credits (DC) are usually made up of one or more credits (like @megan said), and has a matching debit (e.g. money is being taken from one account and put in another) whereas a Credit (CR) is singular (e.g. if I took $50 cash and deposited it into your account in a store, it’d show on your account as a CR).

Hope that helps to clarify?

Yes that clears it up thanks