Developer API

Any updates on this? At the moment I’m working on a very crude automated export system for personal use, and an official API would be a lifesaver!

1 Like

Hey @Nick, a new year and some new years resolutions to get my budgeting and finances into order… Any updates on even just a read only API to get account transactions?

1 Like

Hey @Nick, any updates here? Cheers :slight_smile:

“While not imminent “. Funny.

Just adding a voice here. Any updates on this?

Hey @Nick, we’d all be keen to get an update on API options… Got any new information for us?

I read in the T&C’s that Bank Feeds are available, and Xero has a form that can be sent to BNZ to enable it to get transaction information. Is that what you’re after? Or you can use Yodlee / Fastlink.

My understanding is that the minute you provide your internet banking login details to the likes of Yodlee, you are in breach of BNZ’s Terms and Conditions.

There has been talk on here of work being done in this space (direct links to transactions for budgeting apps etc) for 2.5 years with no sign of progress so far.

It seems the “be good with money” is a feel good slogan that was dreamed up by the marketing team and clearly there is little commitment to turn it into something tangible for customers.

Hi @TommySharp and others. We currently have BankFeeds APIs that will allow you to get transactional information on customer’s accounts where the customer has authorized the access. Please contact me on jason_benham@bnz.co.nz for further information.

2 Likes

@yarson, this is fantastic news for a Friday! Email sent…

@yarson this is brilliant news if it’s in play - API integration has been discussed in a number of user-focussed threads around integrating with a PFM, e.g. Money tracking with BNZ and Track spending and budgeting apps

I’ll flick you a note now! Cheers

Hi all,

Thanks for the interest in our API’s. At this stage, the solution has been built to so that accounting packages can interface directly with our API’s in a secure manner. Individuals using the APIs to download their own information will be looked at a later stage. The most important thing is keeping our customer’s data secure so making sure we get this right is of paramount importance and will take time.

What is required for accounting packages to interface directly to your API? We’re looking to add a new service to our accounting system that will pull bank transaction information into the software for processing against outstanding invoices/credits.

Hi there - send me a note on jason_benham@bnz.co.nz so we can discuss

Keep in mind these are the views of fellow BNZ Community users, and not BNZ.