Credit Card Fee Rebates

Hello I have a query about the rebating of fees under the platinum global plus card.  Given the card T&Cs are changing, will the rebate be available going forward?  I need a response tonight if possible, I’ve tried to call but phones aren’t working.  Thanks

Hi @Harford,

Fee rebates is something we’re looking at on a case by case basis - you can give us a call to discuss your options

We’ve also recently announced a reduction in fees, you can check them out here: https://www.bnz.co.nz/about-us/governance/public-notices.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

• Yvonne

Hi Yvonne,

Tried to call (again) but lines busy. 

The “small print” in the changes to Global Plus (https://www.bnz.co.nz/support/changes-to-credit-cards?km=global%20plus&sg=Changes%20to%20GlobalPlus%20credit%20cards) %C2%A0)  has the following:

“3.Spend $30,000 or more in a 6 month period and we’ll refund your next half yearly account fee. Refunded back on your card if you spend $30k or more on purchases in the 6 months since your last half yearly fee charge. Purchases excludes Cash Advances (including those bill payments which we determine are Cash Advances), fees, interest, credit card insurance payments and balance transfers from non-BNZ accounts and BNZ accounts, but include purchases transacted during the relevant period that have been transferred from another BNZ credit card account when switching to a BNZ Advantage Visa Platinum card.”

So is this correct or is it a case by case basis?   thanks

Hello Harford.  I can assure you that the 6 monthly fee waiver for the Platinum card will still be in place on the BNZ Advantage Platinum cards.

I have been using my Global Plus cards for years, since they began. I chose the Global Plus card because of the Airpoints deal. Now I am no longer getting Airpoints, do I get my renewal fee for my card rebated should I close this account due to the complete change in the conditions around this account?

Hi  @okaynz, this is assessed on a case by case basis. I’ll send you a private message and we can look into your specific situation. Alternatively please feel free to give us a call.