Credit card application

I have terrible experience with my credit card application with you guys.
My first online application was done in mid November.
It was a mess - all the phone calls I made and answered by different people giving me different advices.
I made another online application in mid December after too much bruhaha only to be advised that my application was declined.
Anyway here is my application number CORE7324551.
I was advised that this application number has been approved on 19/12 but it is now 2017 and I still have NOT received my Master card!!

That is unfortunate. I applied online for a Low Rate Mastercard on the evening of the 20th, it was approved early afternoon on the 21st and I received the card on the 24th.

I am not an employee of the bank, but I will offer you some reasons why it may have been declined:

1. Do you have a clear credit check (ie: no adverse)? If not, do not pass go, do not collect $200.

2. Do you have existing credit card(s) with the bank? If so, do they show a high carried balance (ie: not paid by the due date and therefore incurring interest)?

3. What does the last 3-6 months of account history show? Are you always in the black or within approved credit limits?

If you are good for all of the above, I’d certainly suggest you follow this up with the bank.

Did your approval come through in writing? I received approvals for both my cards by email.

Was the decline within a few minutes of your online application? I have no first hand experience of this, but I think some customers may receive automatic approvals or declines.

My personal observation suggests the BNZ’s approve/decline decision is heavily weighted on whether the bank believes the card holder can make the minimum monthly payment (capacity) and whether they are likely to (confidence).

This is not to raise my own chair, but I have an impeccable credit history.

I think you must have missed my last sentence. I was advised on 19/12 that my credit card was finally approved.

It is now 2/1/2017 and I still have NOT received my credit card.
I have wanted to buy big ticket items during the holidays (especially on boxing day for a new apartment) but I guess I just missed out on all the good buys… tsk tsk tsk… :frowning:

Thanks for your clarification. I was unclear whether they had approved or declined your application based on the original post. Based on your confirmation it is approved, I would suggest you call BNZ on 0800 275 269 because they can not resolve this sort of issue in a public forum.

The BNZ Low Rate Mastercard presently has a great offer of no account fee and interest free balance transfers and purchases for the first 6 months [1]

I have used my card to purchase a Samsung Galaxy S6 phone for $599 at The Warehouse. This is more then I would usually spend on a cellphone but it was a good deal for a high end handset and I can easily pay it off at $100 per month.

1. BNZ Low Rate Mastercard information

Hi Vibo,

Disappointed to hear you had a trying experience applying for your card. Looking at the date you had your application approved it seems likely that the hold up is due to the holiday period but I’m happy to follow up on this for you. Will look in to it and come back to you in a private message :slight_smile:

Very disappointed.
It is already friday afternoon.
I need to do a balance transfer as my other credit card due date is next week.
Your call center 0800275 269 is NO help at all.
Very strange as I have called this number at least 8 times in the last month and in some days the person can discuss my application BUT in other days the person said he/she cannot help.
So there is definitely something NOT right here.

Is this a new card application or balance transfer to an existing BNZ issued card?

Agreed. Your apparent urgent need to do a balance transfer before an impending due date.