Community Announcement: We're getting an upgrade!

Hi everyone, I’ve got some exciting news to share about our community. We’re getting an upgrade!

Why are we doing it?
It’s time for a change. We’ve found a new platform that will provide an improved user experience for you, enabling us to continue building a dynamic and inclusive online community.

What will change?
Everything. Ok, not everything, but a lot of things. Your username will stay the same and you’ll still be able to see all the public posts that have been made on our old platform. The look and feel of the site will be totally different (we’re keen to hear your thoughts once you’ve checked it out!) and there will be differences in the way you can interact on the site – posting a comment will look different, for example, and you can do things like quote text in a reply, share links that include previews, use emojis and have a @mention function that works reliably!

What will be lost?
Most everything will be coming across in the migration, but one thing that we’ve had to sacrifice in order to get this done as quickly and seamlessly as possible for you is any private messages you may have sent via the old platform. If there’s anything in your private messages you’d like to keep we encourage you to save them now. Once we cut ties with our old platform they’ll be irretrievable.

When is this happening?
Soon! I’ll be posting updates here as we go, but we’re looking to make this happen within the next month.

What do you need to do?
For now, nothing. Once the migration begins we will send out an email inviting you to visit the new platform and prompting you to reset your password. Once you’ve done this, you’re good to go.

Got questions?
Leave them here and I (and the migration team) will do our best to answer them!

New site: Welcome! Here's what you need to know

Emojis! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: D

A post was split to a new topic: Digest email colours