Closing account

Please help! I came over to NZ for three months and set up a bank account but left in september. I was told that I didn’t need to go into my branch to close it and it would just close automatically after not using it. I just got an email saying I owe them $17 because they’re still charging me a fee. I just want my account closed but I cannot go into the bank because I’m in the UK and it I don’t think I’m set up for telephone banking and it would cost me fortune to phone anyway

Hi Sophie, I’m sorry to hear that. I’ll private message you now so we can get this all sorted out for you. Cheers,

This exact same thing is happening to me except I advised them over email that I wanted my account shut down, received an email response to ask if it was savings and current account to which I responded yes and yet there still charging me monthly and chasing me for been overdrawn. I just want to close my account! Help!

Hi there, I’m sorry to hear this hasn’t been resolved for you. You can contact us on 0800 275 269 or from overseas on +64 4 931 8209 so we can ID you to close the accounts. If you still use Internet Banking or the Mobile Banking App you can send us a secure message and we can initiate their closure there also. - Adina.

1 Like