Automatic Payments on joint account

Hi,
My wife and I have a joint account but we have a problem with automatic payments. We cannot both see all payments. We can both see some of the payments - with no obvious reason why (IE, “you see only the ones you have setup”, “only new ones”, etc).

Clearly on a joint account, all parties should be able to see ALL upcoming payments, yet we cannot.

Can you please help figure this out.

Thanks,
Paul.

Hi Burfot

This sounds like an issue with how your Internet Banking is set up. If you call the Contact Centre on 0800 275 269 or send a secure message you can manually request the Automatic Payments be linked to your access and see about fixing the problem. This usually occurs when there are multiple accounts lists under your access number.

Regards, Hayden

I have send a secure message on internet banking.
Ta

I still have not heard anything back. Do read the secure messages sent via online banking?
It’s been sitting there since 30th of April…

So I just spoke to the callcentre (maybe the secure messages are “being worked on” - but I need an answer);

They advised me that for every payment that is setup I need to phone to “link that payment” to each login. Who designs these things? Do you have any idea what a “joint account” even means?

You can have a joint account; but neither party is allowed to see what’s happening with account. Also each party have to setup their own payees. This is not a solution.

Starting to be sorry we chose BNZ for this…