Apple Pay is here!

It’s here!

Apple Pay is easy and works with your iPhone or Apple Watch at all contactless terminals. You can make secure purchases in stores, in apps, and on the web.

To add a card in a few seconds:

1. Log in to the BNZ app.
  2. Go to the ‘Cards’ screen via the menu.
  3. Follow the steps from there.

Now you can pay with your phone!

More information on eligible Visa cards and Apple devices can be found here

All setup over here! Love having my wallet on my wrist, too!

We got there in the end!

Thanks BNZ!

No problem, happy to hear you’re up and running. It’s a wonderfully convenient thing :slight_smile:

This is great news!

Now the only problem is both my credit cards are Mastercards. Suggestions? Do I have to switch them both over?!

Hi @ipearx,

Yes - to use Apple pay you will need a Visa Credit or Flexi Debit card.

Cheers,
Eric

I have used Apple Pay so many times since its launch. It’s great being able to go out for a run and still have my wallet on me!

I recently heard of someone who had trouble using BNZ Apple Pay while overseas (in the US). Are we aware of any issues with the App and/or BNZ cards in the App when being used overseas?

I haven’t heard of anything, but @Eric would probably be the best person to answer this.

I havde a business first visa…it does not appear to be acceptable for apple pay?

Hi @Rod, I’m afraid that’s not included in the list of eligible cards. Click here to see the full list: https://www.bnz.co.nz/support/mobile-payments/apple-pay/requirements-for-using-apple-pay

My current visa card expires in May 2018…should I change across to a
"advantage visa business" card to use apple pay, or switch my personal
mastercard to advantage visa classic"?

Thanks
Rod

Rod Hill
International Referee Coach
+64 21 884522

Is there an ETA on when the MasterCard Low Rate is made available? it seems that in New Zealand no one supports MasterCard on Apple Pay :confused:

Hi @MatisyahuGardiner, as far as I’m aware there’s no plans there yet I’m afraid. @Eric can you confirm the situation?

Hi,

There are no plans for MasterCard to be available on Apple Pay. Sorry.
There is a brief explanation here - Android Pay and credit cards

Cheers,
Eric