3 ways to make new Internet Banking work better for you

Hi everyone, I’m Luke from the BNZ Digital team, and I thought I’d share a few tips on how to setup new Internet Banking so it works better for your specific needs. 

When it comes to banking there’s no one size fits all, some people have just one account and that works great for them, while others have a dozen or more accounts, lots of automatic payments and more payees than you could poke a stick at.  When building new Internet Banking we’ve tried hard to make the default view one that’s going to work for most people but we’ve also created a few ways you can tailor the experience to what you prefer.  

Here are 3 ways to tweak New Internet Banking so it works just how you like it:

1. Icon or List account view

You can choose to view your accounts in an icon view or a more detailed list view.  Some people love the images and the flavour they bring, while others would prefer to focus more on the numbers.  To switch just click the icon next to your Overall Net Position.  You can still drag and drop accounts to make payments or transfers using either view.

2.   Upcoming Payments & Recent Transactions

By default you’ll be able to see your upcoming payments and overview.pngrecent transactions across all of your accounts on the right hand side.  If you decide that you’d rather only see these if and when needed, simply unpin this section using the button in the bottom right hand corner of the screen.

If you decide you’d like it back, click on the search bar, and a ‘pin sidebar’ button will appear in the bottom right.

3. Payees

Depending on how often you make bill payments you can choose if you want the Quick pay area always visible, or have it closed and click on the heading to bring it up when you need it.  

There are loads of other ways you can make internet banking feel more like it’s yours such as adding your own images (you’ll be surprised at the difference it makes to add your kids pictures on their savings accounts vs looking just like line items), adding account nicknames, and reordering your accounts so the main ones are front and center and the list goes on.

Give these ideas a try and let us know what other ways you’ve tweaked your internet banking setup to make it work just how you like it.